The Mountain Bike Training Center is an online training and coaching resource for mountain bikers of various levels.
Our videos will start from the very basics and progress with you to advanced techniques.
If you’re looking to build a good technical base or if you’re an advanced rider looking to refine and progress your skills, you will find our programs useful.
For instructors, we have specific content on how to improve the experience you can give your students, while you can also use all of the other videos for yourself or your students.
From our experience as coaches, a lot of difficulties on the trail or with advanced techniques stem from more basic mistakes.
So while we are aware that some of you just want to jump into high speed cornering, it is really important that each student has access to the entire process. You might discover you’re referring to more techniques than you thought you would.
he Mountain Bike Training Center has several different areas just for you:
- Our courses which include various video training programs with clear instructions, progressions and self assessments that will help you build confidence in your riding.
- Our forum which allows you to communicate with our coaches and other riders.
- Video analysis – you can upload a video of you practicing a move and get personal feedback from a certified instructor.
- All of the above…
- Instructor specific content to enhance your ability with students, such as static holdings, error correction, using cones and other aids and an assortment of professional ideas.
- The instructor forum where you can ask about your professional dilemmas whether they be about coaching or about growing your business.
For none members:
Various section of out blog “The Hub” will be open for everyone, as well as our youtube channel and facebook page, so none members can still enjoy some great tips.
There’s a lot of great mountain bike advice out on the internet today, and for free too. While we do encourage you to sample all sources of knowledge, here are a few things to take into account:
- The Mountain Bike Training Center is run by professional and experienced coaches. We’re not just riders with some advice, we’ve been and still are teaching riders of all levels to improve and we’re responsible for their results on face to face sessions.
- Shaums March and the BICP are some of the people behind The Mountain Bike Training Center, so the experience in this is accumulated by a large team of coaches and backed up by an organization which actually certifies instructors around the globe.
- We use the progressions and self-assessments which paints a very clear path to success.
- Riding is made of complex and connected technique, the MBTC gives you access to the whole system, so you can always jump back and forth and refer to the pre-requisite of each technique.
The short answer is yes, but it depends!
It’s important for us to clearly state that just watching videos passively is unlikely to progress you very far.
You might think it will, maybe you hope it will because it sounds easy – but you have to practice!
The MBTC videos are structured to help you practice at your own time and at your own pace, but the only way to get results is to get out there and put some work in!
Sample lesson- Descending Basics:
Meet your head coach: Shaums March
With over 2 decades of experience in the mountain bike industry – including a career of downhill racing, multiple Red Bull events and appearing on magazines, movies and commercials – Shaums has returned to his love for coaching. Now you can enjoy all the experience Shaums and his staff are brining into the Mountain Bike Training Center, here are a few photo highlights:
New on the Mountain Bike Training Center
Clips vs. Flat pedals, what seems to be an eternal debate really comes down to like many things regarding gear – personal preference. Unless you
We find that mountain bike riders have no problem investing into their gear – full suspension bikes, latest standards, carbon frames, and high-end components are